There are many ways to decorate your living room shelves. You can choose to display pictures, knickknacks, ornaments, or books. Whatever you choose, be sure to make the space look comfortable and inviting.
Here are 2 tips on how to decorate your living room shelves:
- Start with a basic theme. If you want your shelf to reflect your personality, choose a specific color or style of decoration and stick with it throughout the entire shelf decorating process. For example, if you have a rustic style kitchen, try using rustic accessories for your living room shelves.
- Use mixed matched items. If you’re feeling daring, go ahead and mix different types of decorations together on one shelf – this will create a more eclectic look in your living room!
Lighting Your Living Room Shelves
Living room shelves can be used to organize many different things, from movies to books to games. They can also be a great place to display your collection of collectibles. Whether you are just starting out in home decorating or you have been decorating for years, there are many ways to light up your living room shelves. Here are 3 ideas:
- Hang decorative mirrors on the wall behind the shelves. This will create a focal point and add some glamor to the room.
- Use small lamps or votives in various places on the shelves, such as next to a movie or book title, or by a toy collection.
- Arrange framed photos horizontally on the shelves. This will give them more space and make them look more interesting than if they were arranged vertically only.
Add Simple Floating Living Room Shelves
Looking to add some simple floating shelves to your living room without spending a fortune? Here are a few easy steps to decorating your shelves with inexpensive items you may already have in your home.
- Begin by finding an old piece of furniture that you can remove the shelves from. This will make it easier to decorate the shelf later on.
- Once you’ve found the perfect piece of furniture, measure the height, width and depth of the space where you plan on installing the shelves. Use these measurements to find a piece of wood that is the right size and thickness for your needs.
- Paint or stain the wood before attaching the brackets in a position that is comfortable for you and looks good too!
Go For an Open Shelve Display
Open shelving can be a great way to add some extra storage to a living room. By displaying items on open shelves, you can easily see what’s available and find what you’re looking for. Here are some tips on how to decorate living room shelves with open shelving:
- Start by filling the shelves with items that match the décor of your room. If your living room is modern and sleek, fill the shelves with sleek pieces of furniture and accessories. If your living room is more traditional, fill the shelves with pieces that reflect that style.
- Use different colors and styles of items to create a mixed-media display on your open shelving. For example, use one row of books in blue covers next to a row of colorful candles; or place small figurines alongside larger ones.
Create a Statement Display
A statement display can add a touch of personality to any living room. Here are 4 steps on how to create one:
- Decide what kind of statement you want to make. For example, you could go for a coastal theme with shells and rocks as your base, or choose a more modern look with bright geometric shapes.
- Collect the materials you’ll need: shells, rocks, brightly coloure paper or fabric, scissors, glue, and tape. Start by arranging the shells and rocks on your chosen paper or fabric surface in an interesting way.
- Try to vary the size and shape of the pieces so they look like they’ve been collected from all around the world!
- Once everything is arranged, cut out pieces of paper or fabric that will fit snugly over each rock and shell.
Consider Size And Appearance
Decorate your living room shelves with some nice, decorative objects. You can try using different sizes and shapes of objects to make a cohesive display. For example, if you have a lot of bookshelves in your living room, use smaller items like figurines ornaments to put on the lower shelves and larger pieces like vases or lamps to place on the higher shelves.
Use Living Room Shelves To Create ‘Zones’
Creating “zones” in your living room is a great way to personalize the space and make it more comfortable. You can use different types of books, plants, and ornaments to divide up the shelf into different sections. Here are some tips for decorating your living room shelves:
- Start by selecting books that inspire you. Choose literature, fiction, or nonfiction titles that reflect your interests and lifestyle.
- Think about what type of plants you want to include. If you have a sunny window seat, choose plants that need little attention such as ivy or ferns. If you have a darker spot in your room, choose plants with thicker leaves that will provide shade.
- Decide on whether to display or hide items on your shelves.
Invest In Shelve For Books
How to decorate living room Book shelves:
- Start by assessing your room’s style and choosing the right bookshelves for it. If you have a modern or contemporary style, go for sleek, modern shelves. If you have a more traditional look, go for more traditional-looking shelves.
- Once you’ve chosen your style, decide on the size and shape of your shelves. You can choose rectangular shelves or shelves that are more like cubes or baskets.
- Decide which type of bookshelf material will work best with your style and décor. You can choose wood shelving, metal shelving, or faux wood shelving.
- Finally, add some decorations to compliment your shelf’s look and feel!
Curate a Display That Dazzles
If you want to add a touch of dazzle to your living room shelves, there are several ways to go about it. One way is to opt for ornate pieces that will really stand out. Alternatively, you could use brightly coloure items that will make a statement. Whatever you choose, make sure that the items are well-matched and coordinated so as not to look too cluttered or overwhelming. You can also try incorporating some delicate prints or patterns into your shelf decor, in order to create a more refined look. Whatever you do, don’t forget to add a few fun accessories like books, ornaments, candleholders, and vases to really bring everything together!
Consider Freestanding Shelving
If you’re considering free standing shelving for your living room, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure the design of the shelves is compatible with the overall style of your home. Second, consider how you’ll use the space—will it be used as a place to display collected items, or will it serve primarily as a working area? Third, think about what type of furniture you’ll need to fit on the shelves—will they hold bookshelves or other tall items? Fourth, choose materials that will look good in your home and resist fading or wear and tear. Fifth, find a reputable shelving company to install the shelves for you. Sixth, get started by gathering some ideas for decorating the shelves!
Picture Ledge Living Room Shelve
How to decorate living room shelves? There are a few ways to go about it. You can use them as decoration for your living room or you can use them as storage for your belongings. You can also choose to buy new shelves or you can build your own.
Here are some steps on how to do it:
- Decide what kind of shelves you want. You can go with traditional wooden shelves or metal ones.
- Get the materials you need. The most important thing is to get the right ones for the job. Make sure that the materials you choose are sturdy and won’t wobble when moved around.
- Assemble the shelves by following the instructions that come with the materials you chose. Be sure to use a strong adhesive so that the shelf will stay in place once it’s assembled.
Navy Color Living Room Shelves
Looking to spruce up your living room shelves with a navy color scheme? Here are 9 easy tips on how to do it:
- Start by finding some nice navy-colored sheets or curtains to hang on the walls.
- Collect some vintage maritime items like old maps, coins, ornaments, and figurines to add personality to the space.
- Get a large naval flag and hang it from the ceiling fan or a beam in the room.
- Choose some navy-themed seating like captain’s chairs or ottomans for extra cozy seating.
- Finally, put together a small but lovely display of coastal decor like seashells, lace doilies, and porcelain crabs.
- Decorating your living room shelves can be a fun and easy way to add color, personality, and storage to your space.
- Choose a bright or colorful fabric to drape over the shelf. A brightly colored curtain or sheets will add life to a drab living room and make it feel more cheerful and inviting.
- Hang decorative items from the top of the ladder like potted plants, vases of flowers, ornaments, etc. This will create an attractive focal point on your shelf that is both functional and visually appealing.
- Choose small objects that can be grouped together to create larger scenes or themes.
No matter what your style, there is sure to be something on these shelves that will compliment your decor. Whether you prefer a coastal theme or a more neutral look, these tips will show you how to decorate living room shelves to fit your personality.
- Start with a basic shelf unit and add extra accessories as needed – This might be the simplest way to go if you’re not sure what you want or just want some pieces that can change up easily. For example, if you have a coastal theme, add shells and rocks as accessories. If you’re looking for something more neutral, consider adding some plant prints or linen fabrics.
- Use natural materials – This can help tie in any existing decor and make it look cohesive. For example, if you have wood floors and walls, try using wood items like baskets or picture frames as shelf décor.